Four Corner’s is one of Chicago’s leading hospitality groups that owns and operates unique establishments, each thoughtfully created to offer an authentic social experience, approachable fare and superior service. Established in 2001, we have grown from our first neighborhood bar in Lakeview to our current portfolio of 15 venues in Chicago.
Over the years, we’ve evolved our portfolio by partnering with prominent industry entrepreneurs such as the Tao Group, Hogsalt, Boka Restaurant Group, Heisler Hospitality and Hickory Street Capital to cultivate one-of-a-kind venues tailored to the local markets.
Primary Job Functions
Four Corners Tavern Group is looking for an Assistant Manager to enhance the Four Corners experience and assist in day-to-day operations throughout the organization. Responsibilities will include: ensuring exceptional guest service and addressing customer concerns quickly and professionally, building and driving restaurant sales, interviewing, hiring, and training employees and developing team members and fostering a team-oriented working environment, which may include coaching and counseling employees and taking appropriate corrective actions when needed. This position will focus on service.
- Thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures of the food and beverage, hospitality and catering businesses.
- Develop service procedures, policies and standards.
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions.
- Recruit, mentor and develop staff members and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
- Keep ahead of service industry’s developments/trends and apply best practices to areas in need of improvement.
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well proficiency with various computer applications.
- Strong organizational traits, including excellent time management skills, hands-on and strong leadership skills with the ability to manage others effectively.
- Ability to efficiently identify issues and problem solve.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, high energy and demanding environment while maintaining the highest standard of professionalism.
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work day, evening and weekend hours as business needs require.
- Outstanding and friendly customer service.
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, timeliness and results.
- An effective communicator with a positive attitude and a team player mentality.
- 5+ years service industry experience.
- Knowledge of management methods and techniques.
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications.
- Ability to think strategically and to lead.
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills, ability to prioritize.
- Ability to take ownership of customers' issues and follow problems through to resolution.
- Ability to set a clear mission and deploy strategies focused towards that mission.
Benefits and Perks
- Salary and Full-Time Employee Benefits include Medical, Dental, a 401K Program and Employee Discounts at every location.
- Cell phone plan reimbursement and Company Food and Beverage credit